WHO WE ARE
APPRISE is a nonprofit research institute dedicated to collecting and analyzing data and information to assess and improve public programs. Our current research includes work for federal and state governments, agencies, utility companies, and nonprofit organizations.
APPRISE conducts a wide variety of research activities to provide program administrators and stakeholders with a comprehensive understanding of program design, operations, and impact. This research leads to informed recommendations for program improvement.
WHAT WE DO
APPRISE research focuses on programs that provide bill payment assistance, energy education, and energy efficiency services to low-income households; and programs that provide incentives for undertaking energy efficiency projects to residential, commercial, and industrial utility customers. The goals of bill payment assistance programs are to improve energy affordability and reduce the problems that are associated with high energy bills. The goals of usage reduction programs are to increase knowledge of energy-saving behaviors, improve energy practices, improve the energy efficiency of the home, reduce energy usage, and improve customer health and safety. The goals of other residential, commercial, and industrial energy programs are to reduce energy usage and transform the market for energy efficient products.
APPRISE staff members will be attending these conferences.
- 2016 National Energy and Utility Affordability Conference (2016) – Denver, CO, June 6-8, 2016
*Evaluating Impact: Do it Right or Not at All! (Jacqueline Berger, David Carroll)
*Best Practices in Low-Income Energy Efficiency Programming (Jacqueline Berger)
- 2016 ACEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings – Pacific Grove, CA, August 21-16, 2016
- 2016 Behavior, Energy and Climate Change (BECC) Conference – Baltimore, MD, October 20-22, 2016
- 2017 Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) National Conference – Orlando, FL, February 13-16, 2017
- 2017 HPC National Home Performance Conference – Nashville, TN, March 19-22, 2017
- 2017 American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) – New Orleans, LA, May 18-21, 2017